What are your expectations of your next surf trip? Catch a few waves? Drink a few beers? Maybe try some local cuisine?
I bet supporting the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals wasn’t on your list. The truth is, as well scoring some epic waves, you can be a part of an organization recognized for programs that:
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
In a recent endorsement, The United Nations Office of Sport Development and Peace lent its support to WAVES for Development International’s efforts in Lobitos, Peru and beyond.
Lobitos… sounds familiar right? Well if it doesn’t, it’s a ridiculously long and perfect left hand point break in the North of Peru. Check out Lobitos local, Henry, tear up his backyard.