Happy World Tourism Day! The United Nations General Assembly declared 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development 2017. A big thanks goes out to all of our volunteers, staff, partners, and friends for helping us create life-enriching experiences in coastal communities through Educational Surf programs.
The Tourism 4 Development website states that this raises “a unique opportunity to raise awareness of the contribution of sustainable tourism to development among public and private sector decision-makers and the public, while mobilizing all stakeholders to work together in making tourism a catalyst for positive change.”
The #IY2017 will promote tourism’s role in the following five key areas:
(1) Inclusive and sustainable economic growth
(2) Social inclusiveness, employment and poverty reduction
(3) Resource efficiency, environmental protection and climate change
(4) Cultural values, diversity and heritage
(5) Mutual understanding, peace and security.
JOIN US IN CELEBRATING 2017 AS THE INTERNATIONAL YEAR OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM FOR DEVELOPMENT BY USING OUR HASHTAGS OR SHARING THE IMAGE BELOW!