30 Jan Social Media and Outreach Internship with WAVES for Development
WAVES believes surf travel should benefit the people and communities where it happens. Our mission is to inspire world travel and cultural exchange through surf experiences. We connect the dots between traveling to surf, volunteering, grassroots initiatives and community members.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to learn about the behind the scenes operations of an International surf-focused NGO. Additionally, you’ll have the ability to interact with a variety of team members around the world while interacting with the WAVES community across social channels.
We encourage those with a passion for surfing and the role it can play in sustainable development to apply. It is a remote position. This is a 6 month position with the ability to extend and grow into other responsibilities and roles within the organization.
- Assist in the development and execution of organization Social Media Calendar
- Interact with relevant groups and users with an affinity for our mission through social channels, guest blog posting, and email
- Research possible partners organizations and volunteer groups
- Monitor activity and provide insight into trends, campaigns that lead to further engagement
- Learn technology use and cloud communication techniques as applied in a nonprofit social enterprise
- Established experience and online competency
- Ability to commit 10-15 hrs per week
- Independent, quick learner and self-starter
- Background in marketing, communications, or design is a plus
- This is an unpaid position with the ability for discounted travel w/ the organization for high performing interns.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media and Outreach in the subject line.